Interior Design Business Project Workflow – Julia Molloy

Interior Design Business Project Workflow

Hi Everyone!

I know,… I haven’t posted in forever. This year got started with a bang and just kept going.  So much is happening here at the MMG offices and we’ve also launched a product called the Interior Design Business Blueprint. I will be sharing more about that, but I want to talk about project workflow today.

We work with interior designers all over the country and now abroad as well.  The industry’s focus has been, of course billing structure, but now we are seeing something different… workflow!  Things are starting to move again and you’ve all been figuring out the best way to catch this wave.  This means setting up your processes and company structure to handle more work.  This is great news, but it also creates new challenges, like how do you structure your business more strategically than you did in the past.  The winners of this game will dominate the next decade.

I’m here to help designers like you do this. Today I am going to share with you a tool that I developed to help you organize and plot out your new projects more easily. You are welcome to copy this document on your own or send me an email and I’ll send you the file.

Interior Design Business scheduling tool

If you look at this document closely, you’ll see it lists all the milestone and tasks required within each milestone. These milestones are then given set target dates for completion and has the estimated number of days it should take to complete that milestone.  Use this as a tool to help you organize your thoughts on scheduling out the project. then you can take that schedule and use it in your project management tool like Studio Webware, Basecamp, Wrike or Microsoft Project. This should be done every time you have a new client. If you’re not using one of these tools and still just using Quickbooks, you need to step up your game.  It’s a brave new world!

Enjoy the tool and let me know if you have any questions or want the file and I’ll be happy to send it to you!

COMMENTS (26)

Please forward the Project Scheduling Worksheet file! Thank you so much! Kathleen

Please send me the file for this. This looks very helpful.

Please forward the Project Scheduling Worksheet file! Thank you so much!

Please forward the Project Scheduling Worksheet file!
vamsi

Project Scheduling Worksheet file! Thank you so much! Studio Hayy Design

I would love this File! Great idea! Looking forward to utilizing the form.

Hi – I would love a file emailed to me of your worksheet – this looks to be very helpful in my business. Thank you.

This looks to be a great business tool – would you please send me the file so I can use this form in my business as well. Thank you.

please forward the Project Workflow template. We would like to use it in implementing our interior design business. thanks!

I just start my business interior design. Could you send the “interior design business project workflow” as my reference? Thanks..

Please send this file. It looks very helpful & I’m hoping it is. Thanks!

Hi, would love to take a look at this file – would you be able to email it, please? Thanks

I know that you posted this a year ago – but, I’ve just realized you have a BLOG – and I’m starting to read them! This DOES sound very interesting and if I’m thinking about starting up with Studio Webware – this might be good to use with it. Would you please email to me, as well (if you’re still doing so?).
Very appreciative!

Please forward the Project Workflow Template and many warm thanks in advance!

Hi, this look very useful and helpful. Would you please send me the file so i could try to apply to my ID business also. Thank you.

Hi, Could you please forward us as well that file if it’s possible? Many thanks

Hi I would love to take a look at the Project Workflow Template. would you be able to email it to me? Much thanks 🙂

Hi. please send the Project Workflow Template that is on your blog.
Thanks so much.
Ellen

Please forward the Project Workflow template. We would like to use it in implementing our interior design business.
Many Thanks!!!

Hello Mrs. Malloy,

I am the assistant to Amy Yin who you met at the Business of Design conference in Las Vegas. She would love a a copy of the Project Workflow template. Please feel free to email it to me at your convenience:

Michelle

please forward the workflow template … Many Thanks…

Hello
I am starting a new business and was doing an online research. I would much appreciate if you could share your Project Workflow template with me.
Thank you so much.
Kind regards
PV
I just subscribed to your newsletter and look forward to it.

Hello
I just did a web research and came about your site.
I just subscribed to your newsletter and would much appreciate you sharing
your Project Workflow template with me as I am starting a new venture
PV

Hi,
Hi,
I just google about workflow , which lead into your blog. As i am starting a new venture, if you could share me your project workflow template at my id anjithaanilma@gmail.com, it wouldbe really helpful.
Thanks and regards
Anjitha

Can you please send this to me. I have recently started working at an Interior Design firm and I am trying to convince you that we NEED some tools. If I can show them this – I am hoping we can take some further steps and work with you more.

Would you please forward the Project Workflow template? Thanks very much. And by the way, we loved your presentation at High Point!!